Are you a Backend/Server-side Software Engineer
interested in engineering software solutions at scale to make healthcare data across thousands of bespoke providers more universally useful? Do you have a passion to work with modern Software Engineering techniques and design patterns such as CQRS, event streaming and sourcing, and microservices? At Redox, our engineers combine their passion for solving complex problems with their desire to disrupt how healthcare data is exchanged. We take on the most challenging issues that slow down the adoption of technology in healthcare and prevent the world’s scientists, engineers, and innovators from making healthcare data useful!
As a Backend Engineer at Redox, you will work alongside talented team members to create Redox’s next generation, scalable, multi-tenant data warehouse. You will primarily work within a micro-service and event-driven ecosystem, deployed on cloud infrastructure. We are seeking an intelligent, motivated, and growth-focused developer to come help build cutting edge data warehouse products for the Redox platform.
To be successful, you will:
- Collaborate with team members who are passionate and dedicated multidisciplinary to upgrade and scale our existing data warehouse
- Work within a µ-service architecture, leveraging CQRS and event sourcing concepts
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC - from requirements, design, and development through testing, deployment, maintenance, and support
- Bias towards action
- Continually improve your craft as a developer and engineer
Your day to day will consist of:
- Pairing with your teammates to make progress on projects or solve problems
- Designing solutions to feature requirements prioritized by Product Management
- Implementing solutions designed by you or by teammates through the entirety of the SDLC, including testing, deployment, and operationalization
- Reviewing other developers code to ensure it is production ready
- Troubleshooting production issues when they arise
- 3+ years of professional software development experience in one or more general purpose languages combined with a degree in computer science or practical experience
- Strong experience in server-side development within data-intensive applications
- Experience working with relational data storage/warehousing technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including pairing
- Strong desire to expand your professional impact and autonomy
- Effectively give and receive feedback
- Operate effectively on a remote team
- Healthcare IT
It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of the areas outlined above. Please apply even if you are not sure you meet all these criteria. If you are interested in the role and think it could be a fit, we'd like to hear from you!