The BI Engineer oversees the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the
Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration with other applications. They design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of tables and the processes used to populate those tables with data from internal and external sources. The data they provide helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results. BI Engineers produce Technical Design Specifications that direct ETL developers on requirements for the ETL processes.
Members of this role understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment, and strong analytical and communication skills. Individuals must work well within a team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Performance Tuning
· Data Modeling
· Data Transformation Specifications
· Application Object Creation
· Schema Object Creation
· BI Tool Administrative Tasks
· Designing, Developing, Testing, and Deploying Dashboards and Report Solutions
· Organizes information by developing data dictionary and metadata structures, recommends changes in databases and data warehouse schemas, translates user requirements into data structure and elements, prepares prototypes, mockups, workflow diagrams, and flowcharts.
· Enhances department reputation by accepting ownership of BI systems, accomplishes new and diverse project requests, and explores opportunities to add value to BI applications.
· Validates Data to ensure data Quality
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
· Day to day support of the data warehouse, associated data marts, ETL sub systems and in finding ways to stabilize the system resulting in higher performance and data accuracy
SKILLS / EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / ABILITIES
Posted O'Reilly Auto Parts Business Intelligence Engineer on July 11, 2019 via
Don't miss out on your dream job, get the best remote jobs in your inbox every day!
📫 Get remote jobs directly in your inbox
Keep your remote working skills sharp—get notified when we post the next remote work interview! RemoteHabits will help you achieve your remote work goals!