Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from 0 to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here
, and read what students think here
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We are looking for a Director of Marketing to ensure that the company has a robust digital presence, is attracting steady signups, and is converting those signups to customers.
Who Should Apply?
We’re looking for an experienced marketing professional with a passion for driving growth, who is able to employ unique marketing techniques. You should be mid-to-senior level in your career with at least two years of experience as a Head/Director/VP for a marketing team. We need a skilled marketing strategist who is able to drive creativity and enthusiasm in others. Ideally, you’re someone who is also excited by the numbers, as the goal is to increase the company’s market share and maximize revenues in order to thrive against competitors.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to grow brand awareness and attract new members
- SEO and Organic Traffic generation
- Paid advertising
- Partnership development
Manage and mentor the marketing team by providing quality guidance and feedback.
Produce ideas for promotional events or activities and organize them efficiently.
Plan and execute campaigns
- New product features
- Course launches
- Special events
Setting up, monitoring, and reporting KPIs.
Responsible for ensuring a quality online presence
- Marketing Website
- Email Marketing
Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements.
Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects.
Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships.
- Proven experience as Marketing Director.
- Experience monitoring and optimizing paid media including Facebook Ads and Google PPC/Display advertising.
- Experience with online marketing
- Website optimization
- Email marketing
Excellent people management, leadership, and organizing skills.
Analytical and creative thinking.
Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices.
Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics).
Nice to Have:
- Experience building PR strategies and working with a team to execute successful outreach.
- Experience building partner relationships and creating cross-promotional partnerships.
- Experience working with and/or leading remote teams.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Why You Want to Work at Dataquest:
- The opportunity to see your impact on the lives of our students every day.
- Be a part of an engaged and mission-driven team.
- The chance to contribute to product direction and decisions.
- We’re fully remote!
- A supportive environment where you can get help when you run into blockers.
- Flexible vacation and sick leave.
- Annual Professional Development Allowance.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (for full-time US-based employees only).
- 401(k) and life insurance plan. (for full-time US-based employees only).
To apply: https://dataquest.breezy.hr/p/e5a4fc3a903b-director-of-marketing?source=weworkremotely