Kunai is looking for a full-time Scala Engineer to join our team. We're a growing digital agency of 50+ people that is fully remote. During the past decade, we've shipped over 150 products for clients that include Visa, the United Nations, Wells Fargo, Ernst & Young, and TOMS Shoes. Our founders built a previous agency (Monsoon) that was acquired by Capital One in 2015.
You'll be an Scala Engineer on our engineering team. You will help our engineering team bring our products across the finish line for our clients to enjoy in the wild. You'll work across the tech stack, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything. Your role will be challenging, fun, and interesting.
- Build incredible products in collaboration with your team
- Partner with our product managers and designers to create and test new features and products.
- Work on immutable, distributed systems, data streaming, and backend Scala based systems using functional programming
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies including Scala, Kafka, Cassandra and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure
- Produce and ensure delivery of quality, readable, and well-tested code.
- Provide thought leadership in data engineering and bring your passion for technology to motivate and inspire on a day to day basis.
- Provide detailed estimates of work and ensure timely delivery of features.
- Help scope and plan new client projects and initiatives
- Learn new things, try new technology, and seek opportunities to grow and mentor.
- At least 5 years of professional application development experience
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud technologies
- At least 1 year of experience with functional programming languages (Scala or Clojure or Haskell or Common Lisp)
- 4+ years of experience developing applications using functional Scala
- 4+ years of experience using open-source web services
- 3+ years of experience in at least one Cloud technology (AWS or Azure orOpenStack)
- 3+ years of experience with Docker or Ansible or Chef or Terraform
- 2+ years of experience with J2EE technologies
- 2+ years of experience with performance tuning and monitoring
- 1+ years of experience with Jenkins or Git
- 1+ years of experience with creating and maintaining CICD tooling
- 1+ years of experience in performance and optimization of scaled server systems
- 1+ years of Agile experience
- Certified AWS Developer or Architect