Not open to outside recruiting firms. Applicants please apply here. Please do not send resumes directly to any hiring manager.
Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As a senior backend software engineer you'll support the business as it undergoes extensive scaling this year. This will include:
- Extending our JSON API to support platform features for Web, iOS, and Android
- Building and supporting new inbound and outbound partner API integrations
- Standardizing business operations that support account management and engagement of the Peerfit user experience through new technology and tools
- Applying a domain driven design to the modeling of the application and adapt it to current business strategy and processes
You will be joining a growing backend team of polyglot developers who are working to bring the current system to its next tier of maturity. The ideal candidate should be prepared to continue to scale the platform's robustness through clean code and test coverage, enhance the adaptability and fault tolerance of the system, and help to coordinate key architecture and technology decisions.
We're seeking someone who is solution-oriented, pragmatic, and consensus-driven in their approach to rapidly building iterative software that solve real problems in our product and technical domains.
You will be responsible for managing, extending and scaling our core backend services and help influence our technical architecture with technologies that can support the business' continued growth. You will represent the backend in the delivery of new platform features through full-stack project teams. In addition, you will provide support to your backend peers through pair programming, code reviews, and team-wide continuous improvement.
You will also collaborate with the other functional areas that make up the Product team including Data, Frontend Web (React), Native mobile (Swift, Kotlin), and Infrastructure. Additionally, you will work with members of the business to understand objectives from first principles, capture requirements through user stories and journeys, and deliver solutions through a stakeholder-driven acceptance process.
- 5 plus years of professional experience with a Python-based MVC web application stack, preferably Django or Flask
- Well versed in test driven development and confident in applying the right amount and types of coverage to support a healthy balance between robustness and speed
- Capable of managing a restful API that supports both internal and external clients and can provide backwards compatibility where necessary
- Comfortable driving consensus in contract negotiation with API consumers and experienced with delivering an annotation strategy to support documentation/discoverability
- Experienced in writing approachable, well-encapsulated code whose intentions are clear to other contributors and well-suited for extension and change
- Knowledgeable of domain driven design patterns, SOLID principles, and the 12-factor app methodology and when they should be applied
- Confident navigating situations where minimum viable solutions must be produced to meet fast-paced timelines where the business value is high; capable of setting the right expectations in such cases and proposing longer term strategy on appropriately maturing or deprecating such assets.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Strong command of open source tooling including bash, vim, tmux
- Contribution to an open source project, preferably in the Python ecosystem
- Experience with Django REST framework
- Experience with PostgreSQL, mysql, celery/rabbitmq
- Experience with on-call, issue management, and code quality tools (e.g. PagerDuty, Sentry, Codacy)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Google Cloud infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of JWT authorization and SSO
Bachelor’s degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/peerfitcom/view/P_AAAAAADAAEXNU-r91F-yqL?trackingTag=weWorkRemotely