We aren’t looking for a ‘Rock Star’ or a ‘Ninja’. We aren’t looking for a ‘Super Star Developer’ either. We want a team player; someone who is tenacious about getting things done as part of a team in an environment that expects creativity and quality delivery. Be a rebel but be part of our rebel alliance.
Skills and experience
- Layout and presentation skills in HTML, CSS and related technologies
- Experience of modern web frameworks and libraries, in particular React JS
- Single Page Applications (SPA) – Create React App / Next JS / Gatsby; React Router / Reach Router; Redux & Redux-Saga
- Unit Testing – Jest; React Testing Library / Enzyme; Snapshot Testing
- Web Accessibility – WCAG; Axe
- Web application user interface design skills and experience
- A thorough understanding of web concepts: HTTP, REST, web services, etc
- Experience working on Agile projects, particularly Kanban or Scrum
- Tenacious technical problem solver
- Good communicator
- Demonstrable experience of working with version control, build tools, code-quality and testing tools.
- Experience with Government Digital Service (GDS)
- Experience with Design Systems – Storybook; Styled Components / Emotion
- Experience of test automation – Cypress; Puppeteer
- Experience in any of the following is useful: Typescript; ESLint; Standard JS / Prettier; JSON Schema; Sketch
- Experience of developing for deployment to the public cloud (e.g. AWS, AWS Amplify, Azure, etc.)
- Experience using the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Working knowledge of best practices: version control, unit testing, CI and documentation
- Comfortable using the command line to support application development and deployment - GIT; Bash scripts
- Experience with developing and deploying with container technologies, in particular Docker.
- Develop solutions that meet the needs of users by considering the user at every step of the delivery process; from understanding the need to designing the solution and delivery
- Work as an integral member of a small, remote team
- Agree and deliver on sprint commitments
- Design and implements secure software components
- Participate in the iterative user needs analysis and design phases
- Ensure that code is well-tested in development and to take part in systems integration testing where required, to meet the agreed level of quality (Jest)
- Participate in peer review processes
- Supporting the team through the full release cycle
- Participation in development support for the resolution of bugs, provision of hot fixes and support of the production system as required by application operations
- To follow and enhance the organisation’s software engineering practices and processes.
We make cool stuff, and we need you to help us make that stuff cool! Surevine gives its people a platform to develop their individual talents into strengths in an environment which expects creativity and is obsessive about innovation.
Find a remote job
Don't miss out on your dream job, get the best remote jobs in your inbox every day!
📫 Get remote jobs directly in your inbox