Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as water cooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
CHECK OUT OUR BENEFITS!
- Competitive salary & incentive opportunity
- Career advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package including Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holiday
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life and AD&D insurance, Tuition Reimbursement & 401k for eligible associates
- 30% discount on merchandise
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with internal and vendor's technical teams across the full software development life cycle understanding platform architecture and roadmap
- Ensure optimal processes are in place to support software development and support activities
- Optimize processes, SLA's and other metrics that are in place to monitor and measure software development projects, ongoing support & Maintenance activities
- Provide feedback regarding technical requirements, timelines and software concerns
- Designs, develops and maintains applications using Java and relational databases in a distributed multi-tier and service-oriented environment
- Coordinates development activity and works directly with subject matter experts, project stakeholders and executive leadership
- Conducts code reviews
- Automates Change Control Process related to software builds, test executions and deployments
- Works with hosting partners and infrastructure to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve production issues
- Participates in evolving the Agile/Scrum based SDLC, ensuring that the SDLC meets the needs of the Development Team, as well as fitting within the larger organizational processes, personnel and culture
- Monitors development activities to ensure data security and audit compliance
- Partners with the Quality Assurance Team and subject matter experts to ensure that testing is complete, and that ongoing testing is addressed via an automated test suite
- Provides thought leadership and technical direction for development team
- Performs other requested tasks and duties
- Understanding the existing system landscape and preparing conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field
- Retail or direct to customer eCommerce industry experience required
- Must have 7+ years of work experience in Java based technologies and eCommerce frameworks.
- Designs, develops and maintains applications developed in various program languages and technologies, including but not limited to:
- Java (Spring MVC and Spring Batch, Hibernate/JPA, Junit,Maven/Gradle)
- SOAP/REST API's
- Ability to work in Windows and UNIX/Linux environments
- Utilizing n-tier development, SDLC and Object-oriented design.
- Utilizing problem-solving know-how, especially debugging and troubleshooting complex software orchestrations, and identifying solution options and/or alternatives.
- Scoping and estimating project tasks, as well as managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Leading e-commerce and multichannel/Unified Commerce initiatives, including digital development, user experience, organizational change and technology.
- Experience working on projects adhering to PCI regulations
- Experience working with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies (Scrum), preferred
- Ability to collaborate with developers and product owners in developing new software applications and enhancements
- Responsible for staying current with new technology developments and techniques
- Experienced in working with a team to define test cases, metrics, and resolution guidelines
- Ability to identify underlying causes of business issues and recommend appropriate corrective action or problem resolution
- Proactively seek to accomplish projects and other business related initiatives by leveraging technology resources
- Is committed to working scheduled hours and has the flexibility to work additional hours based on changing business needs
- Knowledge of industry business and passion for following trends in the industry
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and a safe manner
- Ability to quickly separate the mission-critical tasks from the lower priority tasks; focuses on the most value-added projects of the day or week
- Flexible, with a positive attitude and passion for knowledge
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Possesses focused attention to detail and solid organizational and prioritization skills while working quickly and accurately under pressure
- Professional manner and strong communication skills internally and with outside vendor partners
- Makes strategic and effective decisions in the best interest of our customers and our company, taking care to objectively process information
- Experienced in Continuous development environment
- Experience working with different alerting tools such as New Relic, Kibana, Smartbear etc.
- Experience in different middleware technologies or integrations
Find a remote job
Don't miss out on your dream job, get the best remote jobs in your inbox every day!
📫 Get remote jobs directly in your inbox