We are looking for a driven and highly motivated Software Engineer in Test to join the Test Engineering team and help us develop reliable, scalable, and effective automated tests. This role will be instrumental in helping Olo release high quality software quickly and efficiently.
You’ll be embedded with a smart, passionate engineering team dedicated to delivering amazing products. You’ll work with developers and QA Engineers to prevent defects and performance issues through testing and automation.
We believe testing is a craft requiring training and skill. We invest in our employees. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves, and challenge each other to grow. We encourage collaboration, leadership, and mentorship.
You can work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than two-thirds of our engineering team is remote.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working as an integrated member of a development team, helping them build and execute cutting edge automated tests and performance suites
- Developing comprehensive, stable, and reusable test automation at the UI and API level
- Creating, updating, and executing load and performance tests and identifying and investigating performance bottlenecks.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting application, environment, and infrastructure issues
- Building creative solutions for generating reusable test data
- Building and maintaining jobs on a continuous integration build server
- Designing and implementing cutting edge automated frameworks and custom testing tools
- Defining and driving improvements in testing and automation on your development team
What We'll Expect From You
- You’ve got excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’ve got strong opinions on test automation best practices, and will help the team improve our existing tools and processes
- You have good coding skills, and are familiar with standard object oriented programming concepts such as classes, interfaces, DRY architecture, abstraction layers, and standard design patterns such as factories and page objects.
- You are experienced with industry standard tools such as Selenium, Postman, RestAssured, or K6
- You are comfortable in git, and are able to checkout, push, merge, and rebase.
- You are comfortable with AWS infrastructure, CI tools, and containerization.
- You want to learn new technologies and how things work at all levels of our stack
- You are comfortable troubleshooting just about anything
- US Resident and Legal right to work in the U.S.
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.