Headquarters: Boston, MA
We are seeking a world-class Senior Ember Developer to work on exciting client projects at DockYard on a 100% distributed team of exceptional professionals!
Who We Are
DockYard is a 100% remote software consultancy that specializes in web applications. We have in-house designers, developers, and project managers, and we are looking for a Senior Ember developer to join our growing team. You’ll work alongside talented individuals on groundbreaking projects for the world’s largest companies.
What We Do
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is a champion for diversity and inclusion, is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and industry best practices, and has experience designing complex frontend architectures using Ember.js.
What It’s Like to Work Here
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with a focus on providing an exceptional working environment. Some of these benefits include:
- 100% Remote workforce
- 100% DockYard paid medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D starting Day 1
- 401(k) offered through Vanguard
- Substantial paid time off
- Conference stipend
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Have the ability to work on multiple parts of a web application, from the database to the front end.
- Collaborate with designers, HTML & CSS specialists, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Some travel required.
- Tier 2 support of production applications may be required on some projects.
- Experience developing single page applications with Ember.js
- Experience developing in Ruby on Rails
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design
Nice to Haves
- Previous remote working experience
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working with external APIs and microservices
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
To apply: https://dockyardinc1.recruitee.com/o/sr-ember-developer