Headquarters: Chicago, IL
We’re looking for passionate UX practitioners and UI designers who want to make the web a better place. We want someone who enjoys simplifying designs, making apps easy to use, and can intelligently explain their decisions to non-designers.
Specifically, the following attributes are major positives, but not all are hard requirements:
- Experience working with clients or other stakeholders directly. A people person.
- Doesn’t mind a bit of travel, averaging every couple of months
- Has strong opinions about the best UX practices
- Comfortable running unbiased user testing
- Familiar with all the best wire-framing and prototyping tools
- Has experience specifically designing apps for the web or mobile devices
- A keen eye for the proper use of type, space, and color
- Designs beautiful interfaces that people want to touch
- Can write HTML, CSS, and Less or Sass
- Not afraid of the command line (even if you don't use it much)
We also expect that you're proficient in many or all of the standard tools for web design, stuff like: Adobe CC, Sketch, Axure / InVision, Git / Github, Bootstrap / Foundation, so on and so forth... And we would love if you love Flexbox and CSS Grid.
Work Remotely as a UX Consultant
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with tests, full docs and a deployment process in place.
This is a remote, full-time position that may require travel up to 1 week every 6 weeks. Due to travel requirements, at this time we are seeking candidates in the US who are willing and able to travel.
Design the Future
You’ll work with our clients
to design applications by researching their needs, sifting through data, creating mockups and interactive prototypes, designing a perfectly polished UI, or tracking usability studies to double-check your work. The end result is a beautiful app that's dead simple to use.
In addition to client work, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a small and growing company by applying your talent and passion towards an area of interest. Bitovi's designers:
- Competitive salary and annual bonuses
- Company retreats (previously in Boston, Scottsdale, Denver, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home
Apply via the link with your resume and a thoughtful introduction (cover letter section) about yourself. In your intro, tell us three reasons why you're perfect for this role. Focus on your past work and experience, and point us to some recent work. If you have any specific salary requirements or other conditions, make sure to include those as well
To apply: https://bitovi.applytojob.com/apply/yGYiXcxgej/User-Experience-Consultant?source=weworkremotely