Headquarters: Birmingham, AL
TheraNest is looking for a Billing Specialist to join our Customer Happiness team to cover 8am - 5pm US Pacific Time.
Our customer happiness team is one of the main reasons for our success and we want to be role models for our customers. You’ll love this role if you truly enjoy helping others. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems and creating long term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-focused team successful. The Billing Specialist is responsible for educating, onboarding and supporting our customers to help them achieve billing success. Previous experience in insurance and mental health or medical facilities will make this transition much easier.
We are a fast-growing software development company founded in Birmingham, AL. We provide the tools, technology, and support that mental health professionals need to efficiently run their practice, so they may invest more of their time caring for their patients. We believe that customer support and happiness is more than just answering questions. We directly impact business goals through providing feedback to our product team and driving customer success.
Responsibilities and goals you’ll own:
- Respond to and resolve customer questions through chat, email and telephone calls quickly and effectively
- Become an expert on TheraNest billing features and capabilities to help solve any problems a user may encounter using or setting up their account
- Assist in on-boarding, educating, and supporting our customers from pre-trial inquiries all the way to subscription and beyond
- Help and provide guidance to our customers with insurance claims and billing related questions
- Act as a customer liaison with the product, sales, and marketing teams by passing along unique use cases and challenges that you see our customers experiencing
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty by providing an amazing, personal customer experience
- Self-managed and self motivated; you assimilate information quickly
- Comfortable answering and speaking on the telephone for long periods of time
- Previous experience responding to customers via telephone, live chat, and/or social media
- Prior experience with software support and training
- Previous experience with insurance claims and billing; a plus if billing experience is related to mental and behavioral health
- Team-player; you are able to write and talk to technical and non-technical people (both inside and outside of the Company) in clear and concise ways that the majority of people reading or listening to you understand the subject matter you are communicating. Blogging experience a plus
- Problem-Solver; you enjoy solving problems and don't stop until you've solved them; you are able to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Patience, flexibility and empathy are your strong suit
Who will love this job:
- You don’t need to be told what to do. After you learn your job, you need very little guidance to see what needs to be done - you take the initiative to jump in and get it done
- You’re super comfortable working on a distributed team - in fact, that’s exactly what you’re looking for!
- You know that the best plans are meant to be broken
- You change and adapt to meet the needs of your customers
- You like making things easier for customers and colleagues. If there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away
- You are energized by interacting with and helping people. You know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and you seek to empower and educate our customers
- You love reading and learning about new ways of doing things. There’s always a better way
- You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side
- You bring solutions to the table not just problems. (But you aren’t afraid to point out where we’re going wrong)
- You’re comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information
We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning - we offer:
- Generous paid time off - we want you to enjoy life outside the office!
- Generous medical and dental benefits - we care about your health!
- 401(k) Plan - we care about your future!
We work in a fast-paced and continuously evolving business. We understand that change and disruptive progress don’t just happen without amazing people working together every day.
To apply: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/THE1007THENE/JobBoard/2cdadeca-ed37-4ab7-8b6c-07670c02a063/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=36e95df4-0954-4f43-a88f-b7798b22b6f7