FirstUp platform is fundamentally changing how organizations communicate, and is the backbone of the entire Digital Employee Experience. From the front line to the C-suite, we help deliver targeted information at the right time, in the right place and in the right language. We are unifying the digital workplace and giving workers personalized access to all the systems, resources, and applications they need to do their jobs.
Joining SocialChorus means joining a movement to connect every worker. This movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base and their millions of employees worldwide. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
We are currently seeking a mid-level Data Engineer
to help elevate our communications platform which is being used by the largest companies in the world in some of the most technically complex environments you can find. You will be helping in implementation of “big data” systems which require queries returning within sub-second response times. Ready for a challenge?
We are a distributed team. We build solutions for distributed workforces so we model our workforce the same way. In this role you really can work where you want, but for this role we are only considering candidates based and authorized to work in the United States.
- Implement and support systems that reliably and efficiently provide interactive query performance on large amounts of multi-modal data.
- Improve systems that handle scale.
- Troubleshoot and improve the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Collect, parse, analyze, and visualize large sets of data
- Turn data into insights.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- 3- 5 years of experience.
- Experience with large-scale data and query optimization techniques.
- Experience with ETL to data warehouse systems.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift, Aurora Postgres.
- Proficient in SQL
- Understanding of NoSQL and RDBMS.
- Knowledge in multiple scripting languages (e.g. Python).
- Knowledge of cloud, distributed systems, and stream-processing systems.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving hard problems in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal fit...
- Has a Computer Science degree.
- Has 2+ years experience in SaaS development environments.
- Is a "student of the game" and thrives on new challenges.
- Enjoys learning from teammates, and isn't afraid to teach others at the same time
- Sees the glass half-full.
- This is a new industry space...your vision could make all the difference!
- Wants to make a lasting impact and lifelong connections, this is not just another paycheck
Because you care. About people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life, it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a true start-up environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind it could be a perfect fit.
Come for the challenges, come for the people, and the unlimited PTO, health benefits, 401k plan, casual and friendly environment, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth both professionally and personally will keep you here.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.