epilot digitizes the energy industry with a unique cloud software. We are a fast growing scale-up in the heart of Cologne. Our mission: epilot revolutionizes the way all market partners in the energy world work together to deliver products and services. We offer a large network of partners within the cloud world, which is constantly expanded by the community.
We "epilots" are a team of experts from the fields of software development, energy management, product management and sales. In order to bring our solution even faster to the top in the energy world, we are looking for you as a Engineering Team Lead (m/f/d)
What awaits you
- In this role you are first and foremost a leader, not a developer. You stay up to date with programming related topics and make sure that you get your hands dirty on a regular basis. You work shoulder-to-shoulder with your team when the situation is required
- You lead a Team of 4-5 developers that directly report to you.
- You are set concrete goals for your team and team members.
- Part of your job is to understand the big picture of what your team is doing and why
- Your passion is to Inspire and motivate your team to enable unfold everyones potential to the fullest.
- Being part of a multidisciplinary product squad communicating proactively with product management team is also part of your job.
- Through your inspiring leadership you maximize team happiness and productivity.
- You create a productive and enjoyable work environment for the team.
- You are responsible to establish proper feedback loops in your team and give your team members immediate feedback if necessary.
- As Team Leader you furthermore facilitate technical discussions.
- You resolve technical and social conflicts, so that your team is able to focus on our shared mission
- Through your leadership qualities you ensure the overall output quality of the team.
- Technically speaking, the use of cutting edge technology is awaiting you, e.g. React, Node.js, Typescript, Golang, AWS and Serverless. Check out our current tech stack @https://techradar.epilot.io
What you bring
- You have previous experience leading an engineering team.
- You have 3+ years of web development experience.
- You have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, cloud computing, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- You have a track record of delivering successful products as an engineer and a team lead.
- You have experience guiding continuous improvement of process and technology.
- You have experience in facilitating even the most heated discussions with conflict resolution.
- Be proficient in managing all the stakeholders that are directly affected by what your team is working on and you are able to communicate expectations in a clear and concise way.
- You thrive on providing and receiving honest but always constructive feedback.
- A big plus is extensive experience with Amazon AWS.
What we offer you
- The opportunity to help building the most successful SaaS platform in the energy market.
- Start-up mentality: dynamic atmosphere and great team spirit.
- A rapidly growing company with an open communication culture, motivated colleagues and an international corporate culture.
- Exponential learning curve - epilot is growing rapidly and we expect the same from you. You never stand still, you are permanently challenged, you learn from your mistakes a la Fail Fast and Often.
- A central location in the heart of Cologne with cool cafes around the corner.
- Performance is rewarded with us - We take your desired salary seriously and talk openly about it with you.
- Transparency - We maintain a very flat and open corporate culture, everything is visible and open for discussion.
- Coffee, cold drinks, fruits and much appreciation
You want to know what it is like to work for us? Find out what our colleagues on Kununu say about work @ epilot: https://www.kununu.com/de/epilot
Not convinced yet? Check out our promise to you: promise.epilot.cloud
Find a remote job
Don't miss out on your dream job, get the best remote jobs in your inbox every day!
📫 Get remote jobs directly in your inbox