Headquarters: Chicago, IL
The primary role of the Senior User Interface (UI) Designer is to create original and visually beautiful responsive website designs for client projects. The goal is to contribute on a strategic level to the overall success and satisfaction of our clients with innovative thinking and a user-centered mindset. The ideal candidate must be able to design, develop, or enhance existing graphic/identity branding that meets marketing objectives, integrates usability best practices, and addresses client brand standards. The Senior Web Designer must be client-service oriented and work well both independently and collaboratively with other members of the project teams.
- Create concepts and original designs for client projects and internal initiatives.
- Design high-fidelity style tiles, page compositions, and digital style guides.
- Prototype complex interactions with high standards of usability in mind.
- Produce meticulous, beautiful user interface designs that take into account client brand guidelines and specifications.
- Present design decisions to the internal and client teams and iterate and implement feedback.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Work with front-end developers and other team members to identify solutions for executing projects in Drupal and other open source software solutions.
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effectively juggle multiple projects.
- Employ strong communication skills.
- Big picture thinking, keeping client’s business strategies and goals in mind through every project.
- Work within design policies, procedures, and best practices
- Ability to create strategically appropriate and visually delightful responsive website designs.
- Interprets and applies client's brand standards and guidelines.
- Experience creating design systems and reusable components/patterns.
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design.
- Adobe design tools, including Photoshop and Illustrator, Sketch, InVision and Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge and previous experience with SASS and Gulp.
- Understands and implements current web accessibility standards.
- Can implement CSS Animations to improve the user experience and overall design of a project.
- Experience developing browser-based prototypes and style guides in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Demonstrated ability to solve design problems quickly with creativity and flexible thinking.
- Effectively manages time between project work and internal initiatives.
- Scopes time and effort involved in design projects, serves as a strategic UI design resource, and writes select components of visual design strategy documentation.
- Leads and executes all visual design stages from concept to hand-off and is able to present and defend designs to peers and executive-level stakeholders.
- Always seeks input from engineering and implementation team to validate and ensure that the design vision is executable.
- Serves as a resident expert of digital tools and is skilled in developing digital design concepts.
- Is well-versed with web technology, usability, and core development tools; understands web design constraints, including a strong understanding of designing for a CMS.
To apply: https://palantir.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=32
Find a remote job
Don't miss out on your dream job, get the best remote jobs in your inbox every day!
📫 Get remote jobs directly in your inbox