You are passionate about technology and security, have formed your own opinions about which technologies are better suited to different problems and why they are better, but remain flexible and open to alternative technologies and approaches. You recognize that effective security requires a nuanced approach to balancing security, business needs and human factors. You flourish within fresh ideas and are comfortable in a dynamic, changing environment.
We are looking for somebody with solid Backend coding skills for them to jump into the different parts of our system and improve security across the board. We are looking for an engineer that can help us define policies and strategize how to protect the different systems run in the cloud.
This role is a hands on development role. We want somebody that has no problem getting their hands dirty checking/patching vulnerabilities but also someone that can do the more mundane auditing/documenting work from time to time. You would be a key person in the evolution of the security of our systems.
- Python and MySQL development experience.
- Performs Vulnerability audits and compliance at the application layer and server layer.
- Incident detection and response.
- Have experience working in fast paced fully remote startup environment.
- Team player and strong collaborator.
- Good written and oral communicator.
- Bonus: AWS experience.
- Bonus: Knowledge of OWASP best practices.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job.
- 20 days paid vacation + New Year & Christmas.
- We will pay for courses & conferences: if you learn we all learn.
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days; we want you to stay up-to-date.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/shiphero-security-engineer-1
Find a remote job
Don't miss out on your dream job, get the best remote jobs in your inbox every day!
📫 Get remote jobs directly in your inbox