We’re looking for a full time creative engineer with product minded focus and scalability to join our rapidly growing tech team in Malmö. This is a fully hands-on position and will cover all aspects of back-end related development and bring value on the technical product roadmap level. We are looking for a candidate that must have at least 5-7 years of experience and understands the dynamics of a start-up in a fast growth trajectory.
Our tech + how we work
- Our core backend is built with Python, but is being quickly adapted as requirements dictate. Critical components of our architecture are split into dedicated microservices, where we'll be looking at higher performance languages for mission-critical functionality.
- Extensive back-end development experience in writing Python together with database management, configuration and AWS services & workflows
- API-building and configuration alongside integration of third party API’s for data distribution systems are of essence in our operations
- ML is becoming part of our decision making process so you need to be able to plan and architect that together with the rest of the engineering team
- We believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess
- We value: documentation, test coverage, code review, CI/CD and great team spirit.
- We predominantly communicate over Slack, making little use of email internally. We do daily standups each morning via Google Hangouts. BitBucket is our repo of choice and we track progress via sprints in Jira project boards
- We encourage discussion and debate, but place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output. We're solving new categories of problems, and understanding our very best functionality will come about as a result of deep technical insights driven by engineering
You should apply if…
- You're passionate about building beautifully crafted APIs and creating awesome secure scalable experiences. Handiscover’s services are geared towards users, communities and partners creating values in their everyday life. Build a product you would use yourself, and bring your unique insight and perspective to the table as an engineer in shaping our overarching product offering.
- You like solving big problems. Our greatest challenges are yet to come, and we'll need super hard working and creative minds to solve foundational infrastructure challenges for the world's largest online travel communities facilitators.
- You value autonomy, moving fast and getting lots done. We have no time or interest for bureaucracy and micromanagement - we're moving super fast and you'll be required to take responsibility for delivering products end-to-end.
- You want to make a huge impact, and share in the success of a company you've helped build. Our tech team is 5 strong today, but we are just getting started.
NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Find a remote job
Don't miss out on your dream job, get the best remote jobs in your inbox every day!
📫 Get remote jobs directly in your inbox