Hazelcast is a leading software company with a massive community reach. Our software sits at the heart of the world’s leading companies' mission-critical systems and enables them to act instantly on data everywhere. At Hazelcast, you’ll get the chance to continuously push the boundaries of distributed computing and work on great open-source products that can run anywhere – from on-premises to the cloud or at the edge.
Do you enjoy any of the following?
- Working on open-source software at your day job
- Testing distributed systems on a big scale (hundreds of nodes, TBs of memory)
- Testing a complex user interface using Selenium and BrowserStack
- Testing on various environments like Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift, IBM Cloud, and VMware Tanzu
- Developing continuous delivery pipelines using GitHub Actions and Jenkins
- Learning the latest technologies and popular frameworks
If this is you - we are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join the Management and Monitoring team at Hazelcast. Hazelcast is an open-source application platform for stateful, data-intensive workloads at scale.
Management and Monitoring team develops Hazelcast Management Center which is a web application for monitoring and managing Hazelcast clusters.
What we look for:
- Experience with testing software, and breaking them
- Passion for both manual and automated testing, and understanding the importance of both
- Being able to dig deep and get to the root cause of issues
- Strong focus on quality
- Experience with using Java and Selenium to test complex user interfaces
- Experience with cloud technologies: Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift, IBM Cloud, and VMWare Tanzu
- Experience with developing a continuous delivery pipeline
- Strong knowledge of bash and/or a scripting language for automation
- Bonus points for experience with doing compliance checks and security scans
- Interest in testing distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
What you will be doing day in and day out:
- Develop and maintain an automated UI test suite using mainly Java, Selenium and BrowserStack
- Develop continuous delivery pipelines for verifying and releasing our software using mainly GitHub Actions and Jenkins
- Verify that newly developed software meets our criteria for quality
- Scan our software for security vulnerabilities
- Perform compliance checks
- Participate in agile planning, estimation and development
- Communicate proactively with development team members
- Contribute ideas and efforts to improve quality and efficiency of the development processes
- Continuously improve your technical skills as well as your soft skills.
- Automate tools if it is necessary
- Develop high quality code that is scalable and secure.
- Competitive Salary
- Equity options
- Yearly training budget
- Flexible working hours and location (this is a remote position)
- Workplace cost reimbursement (coworking space, laptop)
- Conference speaking opportunities.
We accept candidates working remotely from Ukraine and Turkey only. Additionally, in Istanbul, it's possible to work from Hazelcast's office.