Headquarters: Washington, DC
Reporting to the Vice President of Production Engineering, the Software Engineer of Security will be responsible for building innovative tools & platforms protecting our SaaS offerings in AWS.
· Develop tools in Python, Node.js, GO using native AWS services to detect, alert, analyze, and audit system and infrastructure security events and vulnerabilities.
· Work with Production and Application Security Engineers to secure the software delivery pipeline used by Cofense PhishMe, Triage, Vision, and other applications and services.
· Ensure AWS accounts and services meet the highest levels of security while allowing Engineers the freedom to innovate and ship code.
· Develop self-service platforms to manage user access, roles, and permissions to critical services
· Work as a member of the Security Operations team to analyze and respond to security events and alerts.
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Knowledge of web Authentication protocols and standards (SAML/OAUTH)
· Knowledge of AWS Cloud Infrastructure (EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS) and security technology (security groups, CloudTrail, VPC Flow Logs, CloudWatch, AWS Config)
· Familiarity with automated configuration management such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
· Solid knowledge of Enterprise security fundamentals and how they must to be adapted DevOps/Cloud Environments
· Ability to rapidly learn and integrate new tools, technologies, and APIs
· A successful track record of working remote as part of a geographically distributed team
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Education and/or Experience:
· 4 year Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Degree highly preferred
· Minimum of 4 years experience as a software engineer developing modern REST services in Python, Node.js, or GO
· Experience developing and deploying event-based Serverless micro-services applications in AWS, GCP, or Azure
· Experience working in an environment with formal code review and testing
· Familiarity with NoSQL Database (Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch)
· Experience with message queues (SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.)
· Experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines (Gitlab, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
· Experience working with cloud virtualization, container, and database infrastructure in Azure, AWS, or GCP
· Experience with infrastructure automation such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, or Azure Resource Manager Templates
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
To apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/PHI1008PMINC/JobBoard/2bfae9ff-dc34-4867-b871-a579eae69b54/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e6602c03-59bd-4c37-a9cc-b0e9b7657a80